Welcome!

I've created this space in order to provide you with a central location to learn a little bit more about me, as both a pastor and a person.

In May, I graduated from Princeton Theological Seminary with my Master of Divinity degree. I have greatly enjoyed my three years at Princeton, and I am looking forward to leaving the seminary and delving into the world of ministry. As of January 2011, I am "Certified Ready for a Call" through the Inland Northwest Presbytery.

During my time before and during Seminary I have worked with a broad range of churches and ministries, as you can read about on my PIF (posted on the right). I care deeply about real community in churches: becoming a fellowship of friends who meet with and care for both one another and the stranger alike. Christian Education has also been a major focus of my ministry thus far, in youth, young adult, and adult settings. I enjoy teaching and learning, and look forward to serving a congregation of people who are engaged in their ministry and excited about the directions God is calling them. Also, I love preaching and creatively engaging with worship as an expression of who we are before God.

When I'm not in worship or a session meeting, I love spending time with my husband, John, our son, Enoch, and the various animals we care for (including a dog, a few ducks, and some chickens). I believe food is not only delicious, but a great way to create and share in community; I can frequently be found reading cookbooks, scouring the farmer's market, or experimenting in the kitchen. You might also catch me in the living room, reading any book I can get my hands on, listening to bluegrass, or perhaps indulging in an episode of Star Trek.

Below, you'll find two recent sermons I've preached. The first video is a short sermon I preached in Miller Chapel for the weekly Seminary communion service. The scripture, Psalm 65:9-11, was read by my dear friend and fellow student, Wendy Mohler. The second audio clip, on Isaiah 49:1-6, was preached at the First Presbyterian Church of Dutch Neck, NJ, where I have been blessed to serve for the past two years. I hope you enjoy them both!

I wish you and your congregation all the best as you discern God's call for your leadership needs. I am looking forward to getting to know your congregation better in the weeks ahead!

Kelly Boubel Shriver
kelly.shriver@gmail.com